Auckland, New Zealand - Here We Are!
We did it! We made it here to Auckland, New Zealand! We finally made it to our travel day, the day of 18.5 hours of being in transit, sitting on planes, making transfers, passing time... we made it! The travel really wasn't too bad at all, and lucky for me I chose my perfect travel buddy! We laughed and laughed - especially at our ridiculous attempts to get in comfortable sleeping positions on our 13.5 hour overnight plane ride. Our first day has been a good one! Very sunny and warm and beautiful. We wandered around a good majority of downtown Auckland - lucky for me Luke is a bit better with directions and remembering where he has been before. Then we booked into our hostel, had a "short" 3-hour nap and we were at it again. Wandering around the downtown core, enjoying all the people watching. :) Fun Fun Fun!
Here are a few of my New Zealand first impression observations:
The seagulls are TINY! Like the size of pigeons! Either we have mutant seagulls in Victoria - or New Zealanders don't leave much garbage for them to feed on!
- There seems to be no New Zealand fashion - it is purely wear whatever you like!
- Internet is very hard to come by and costs for every time you use it! Even at Starbucks!
- There are lots of hostels to chose from, but we think we made the right decision!
- Our first hostel meal - rice, carrots & beans! cheap cheap
- We already think we brought too much stuff! Fail
Luke and I both love sunshine! And Auckland! And being fun-employed!
Excited for our 18.5 hour travels to New Zealand! Wasting time @ YVR
Where are you New Zealand?
First beer in NZ at a slanted bar
Thinking of you Tingy
| || |
Sky Tower in Auckland
There's New Zealand!
More About Our Final Day In Canada Below